Occasional Liquor License

Occasional Liquor License (Temporary License)

Dear prospective client, in lines with GAUTENG LIQUOR ACT 2 OF 2003. A function regarding a cash bar service requires by law a liquor license. The venue must either have a valid license or Flair Mobile Bar will have to arrange an occasional liquor license, otherwise known as a temporary license. This license is valid for 7 days and costs roughly R4,500.00

Our advice – For events over 300 people – we would advise our clients to obtain a liquor license as this is the breakeven point for the costs of the license. If your guest list is below – we have two options

  1. The costs associated with obtaining the license, we’d recommend that the client use that to purchase stock
  2. Collect a value per person at the entrance and use that to serve drinks

Any person or entity, who intends to sell liquor at a special occasion or event, for a short time period must apply for a Temporary / Occasional Liquor licence.

Flair Bar would require the following information for the occasional license:

  1. the name, registration number and registered office or other address of the prospective applicant of the licence;
  2. Letter instructing that Flair Professional Mobile Bar Service, is has the authority to apply for your license on your behalf.
  3. contact telephone numbers for the business as well as cell phone numbers of the directors of the prospective applicant;
  4. contact details for the landlord including a cell number of the agents who are dealing with at in the landlords office;
  5. a site plan of the event;
  6. advertising of the event (flier)
  7. the full address of the proposed premises (both in the street address and the stand number or title deed description).

Quick Online Enquiries

Please complete your details below and one of our staff members will call you back.